Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Quick update/ teaser for after the weekend

The sinus crap of doom seems to have subsided and left me with a bizarrely husky, lounge-singer-y voice but otherwise feeling ok. The downside of the past week has been that, aside from being sick myself, I found out that my car needs surgery to the tune of another $650 (this is a long and painful story, but suffice it to say that, had I not had my car worked on earlier this month, I don't think it would need to have the transmission replaced now). So money is even tighter around chez moi this month than it would have been otherwise. I have cried at least five or six times at the thought of losing this car, however, so I have decided the investment is merited. (I may eventually devote an entire post to my old, ugly, well-loved car. I've had it longer than any of my pets, have put well over 100,000 miles on it and can't quite imagine my life without it right now, pitiful as that may be).

The good news is that Paul's coming this weekend to help me work on the Box. He got a good deal on can lights for the front room, so we'll be putting those in, and taking out the horrible ceiling fan currently in place. I have my eye on a really pretty overhead light for the bedroom. We're also hoping to scrape up the rest of the (different from the front room) nasty foam stuff from the kitchen and get some reclaimed linoleum (read: left over from my aunt and uncle's bathroom project) laid in there. If we really get ambitious, we may get some paint on the walls in the bedroom and bathroom as well, although I'm not holding my breath on that. It's good to get some sleep, too.

I'll leave you with a taste of the fun we'll have this weekend in the kitchen:



It has progressed since this picture was taken because my sister came over and scraped her little heart out (bless her), but this ugly orange foam is still holding on under the fridge and stove, so we'll move those out and get the rest taken care of. Eww.

No comments: